Rather than passively receiving a treatment, the patient is an active participant. Like any learned skill, the more you practice biofeedback techniques, the quicker you master them.
Homework exercises and assignments are an essential part of the training process. These may include:
* Information handouts
* Exercises on digital recordings
* Use of portable biofeedback devices
* Exercises in self awareness
What can I do to boost my Biofeedback Training?
How long do sessions last?
* The initial Aassessment session is
approximately 60-90 minutes, which includes
a sample demonstration session.
* The remaining training sessions are 50
* Training sessions are once or twice a week
depending on the patients schedule.
How many sessions will I need?
* It depends on the condition.
* Eight to ten sessions are common for
biofeedback. However, some conditions may
require 30 or more.
* Recognizable improvement is often noted by
the fourth session.
* Progress reviews occur after each session and
an in-depth review every tenth session to
discuss the benefits of continuing treatment.
Only disposable hypoallergenic sensors are placed on the skin. These sensors will not hurt you.
They only receive information from your body.
They will not shock you or change you.
Biofeedback Health Solutions, LLC
What Happens During a Biofeedback Session?